|ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION COMMITTEE
Extracts from Sections 20 (7) of the 2005 Nevis Disaster Plan (draft)
Director of Planning & Environment Chairperson
Legal Adviser, Nevis
Superintendent of Police
Medical Officer of Health
Representative – Environmental Health Officers
Representative from Water Department
Representative from Nevis Historical and Conservation Society
Captain, Ferry Service
Manager – Nevis Solid Waste Management Authority
Representative from NASPA
Representative from Fire & Rescue Services
Representative from Bulk Petroleum Providers
- Planning and, co ordination of all action to deal with potential and actual environmental pollution incidents which may affect the community.
- Training of persons in prevention and control of and response to environmental pollution.
- Developing appropriate measures of preparedness and systems for detecting and reporting environ¬mental pollution incidents within the area.
- Cooperation with local, regional, international and scientific organisations, involved in environmental pollution.
- Identify resources for responding to environmental pollution incidents.